The doctors have personal lists and we encourage you to see your own doctor. If your need is urgent, please let the receptionist know so that you can be seen quickly by another doctor, if appropriate.
It is recognised by the Partners that there may be occasions that a male patient wishes to see a female Doctor and vice versa. Please contact your usual doctors receptionist to arrange such an appointment.
Occasionally the doctors may have to deal with an urgent admission to hospital or be called over to the treatment room in an emergency. For this reason surgeries may be delayed. Please bear with us in this case and if you have not been called in 20 minutes after your appointment time please see the front desk receptionist.
To make the system work for everyone we need your co-operation:
- Please do not insist in being seen urgently with a minor illness that could wait.
- Please inform the receptionist if you cannot keep or no longer need your appointment so that it can be offered to someone else.
- Please be on time.
- It is one appointment for each patient.
- Please use your hearing aid if you have one. It helps us to communicate with you. A hearing loop system is installed within the building.
How you can help your Doctor:
- Do not store multiple problems for one consulation slot
- A normal appointment is 10 minutes
- If you think your problem will need extra time ask the receptionist for a longer appointment
- Wear appropriate clothing if you think the Doctor will need to examine you
How To make an Appointment
Appointments can be made by phone, in person or Online - Tel: 01202 897 200 between 8.00am and 6.30pm
Where possible, you will be seen by the doctor with whom you are registered.
If you feel you need to be seen urgently please let the receptionist know.
We also offer a range of extended hours surgeries for patients who cannot get into the practice during normal working hours.
Please speak to the doctor's receptionist if you need such an appointment.
If you need to speak to a doctor please telephone between 11.00 am and 12 noon.