You are able to refer yourself for physiotherapy at most of our departments. Please read the self referral information , and either download and complete the form, or complete the online version You must be 16 years of age and over.
Tel: 01202 584200
Open hours: 08:00 – 17:00
What to expect at your appointment
- One of our therapists will ask you some specific questions and perform specific physical tests in order to diagnose your condition.
- We’ll discuss your personal goals for rehabilitation and devise a treatment plan with you to help you achieve them effectively.
- We’ll explain your condition and how we might work together to help it.
- Up to 45 minutes may be needed for your initial assessment and 30 minutes for treatment sessions.
- Some departments may offer a Rapid Assessment Appointment. This is a shorter 10-15 minute appointment, which allows us to see you sooner to discuss your condition and treatment plan.
- We will ask for your consent before any assessment or treatment
- Your GP will be informed of your assessment and progress.
- Although many physiotherapy departments still use curtained cubicles, when informed in advance, clinic rooms can be made available allowing for a reduction in noise levels and where lighting can be adjusted for those who struggle in normal circumstances or have special educational needs.